Speech Pathologist specializing in Orofacial Myology
After graduating, Trini completed her clinical fellowship year at Riverside Community Hospital where she quickly became the primary therapist for the Acute Rehab Unit (ARU) and implemented weekly therapy groups, directed dysphagia, speech/language service programs, and successfully worked under a 75% productivity standard.
She quickly realized however, that she missed the Pacific Ocean and relocated to San Diego, CA where she continued in the clinical setting at Scripps Memorial Hospital in the intensive care units, and various inpatient/outpatient units. In 2002, Trini left the clinical setting on a full-time basis to work with children with special needs in the San Diego Unified School District, and the Encinitas Unified School District. While there, she decided to embark on her adventure towards certification in Orofacial Myology. She organized and coordinated caseloads of 70+ students K-8 while also directing inservice programs for staff and parents in speech pathology.
In 2008, she could no longer stay away from her roots– family and warm water were calling her back home. In October of 2008, Trini opened the doors to Speech Solutions, her own practice specializing in speech-language pathology and orofacial myology. Trini is a licensed Speech Pathologist in the state of Hawaii and California, and the first member of the International Association of Orofacial Myology in the state of Hawaii.
- Hometown: Kauai, HI
- Occupation: Speech Pathologist specializing in Orofacial Myology
- Groups: ASHA, HSHA, IAOM, CSHA
- International Community Service Destinations
Education and School
- Education: B.S. / M.S.
- School: Loma Linda University
- Specialized Training
- Coulson Institute for Orofacial Myology
- Interactive Listening Systems
- Major: Speech-Language Pathology
- Minor: Audiology
Research and Presentations
- Shaugnessy, P.; Myers, C.; Garcia, H.; Marsh, L. (1999) Communication Patterns of Nursing Assistants with Residents in Nursing Homes
- ASHA (1999) convention
- CSHA (2000) convention
- Myers, C., (2006) ADHD, OCD, Tourettes, and Aspergers; Information and Strategies for Teachers
- Breeze Hill Elementary (2006)
- Olivenhain Pioneer Elementary ~A Blue Ribbon Award School~ (2007)
- Hawaiian Mission Academy (2009)
- Myers, C., (2010) An Introduction to Orofacial Myology.
- Grand Rounds: Kuakini Medical Center
- Oahu Professional Dental Study Club