Auditory Processing refers to how the brain perceives and interprets sounds. Some children may pass hearing acuity assessments, and hear sounds without any difficulty. The breakdown occurs when he/she has challenges perceiving and interpreting auditory information for meaning.
What are signs of Auditory Processing Disorders?
- Difficulty remembering information told to them
- Difficulty paying attention with lots of background noise
- Problems following multiple step directions
- Language Delays
- Low academic performance despite using a great deal of effort to learn.
- Behavioral Issues
- Needing more time to process information told to them
- Difficulty with reading and spelling